Saturday, March 17, 2007

23 more days...

It's almost here.

Closing day.

Right now, we're scheduled to close on April 9th. It might be sooner, if we can work it out with everyone.

OMG... we're moving into a house.

Our own four walls. Our own backyard. Our own floor.

Today, we went to pick out new carpet to cover our new floor. It felt like a task, but it definitely was a task I enjoyed. It reminded my hubby and I of when we went to register for glasses at Crate and Barrel. This time, though, I remembered that my husband and I have different tastes and to be prepared for discussions about which carpet was lighter or would look better in our new home. Thank God we finally agreed on the same carpet. This time, though, neither of us had to leave the store to cool down and then "discuss" it in the car.

I wish I had something clever to say, but I don't. I'm tired, and I can't wait for this roller coaster ride to be done. I'm looking forward to packing up and cleaning this place that has been our home for the last 5 years.

I am a little sad about leaving, but did I mention we get our own four walls?

April 9th - big day. Big changes.

Can't wait :)!

No comments: